Broskington Post

Broskington Post

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Warcraft Anonymous: My Return to Azeroth

It had been about a year since the last time I had grabbed my gnome rogue and fought murlocs in Azeroth. I thought of World of Warcraft a time or two since then but had no interest in returning to such a time sink. Well that all changed last week. I don't know why but it only took one article to make me remember that it was not just any MMO or just another game I liked, but it was actually World of Warcraft that I wanted to play. So, I did what any addict would do and just got "a taste". I downloaded the 10 day for the new expansion and dove on in.

At first I had no real interest in it. I was playing but felt no connection to it. Then, the moment happened. I remembered how much I sucked with my rogue and decided I was going to start a new character and do things right. So here I am, playing my level 17 Undead Warrior and loving it again. I am not sinking a ton of hours into it but it has been fun just to play for a little bit at a time. The recent changes have made the game so entertaining. The skill points are streamlined to perfection, they added a pokemon style pet fighting game, and being in a good guild can help you level faster. The stress and annoying nuances are gone and I am loving it. Sure, I feel a little guilt for getting back in it (thus the addiction connection) but I am having fun and not ashamed of it. WoW really is the best MMO of all time and I love the heck out of it.



1 comment: