Broskington Post

Broskington Post

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Keep The Jeep Ridin!

If you have not heard of Turquoise Jeep all I can say is... Shame on you! Turquoise Jeep have made a name for themselves on youtube with their amazing videos, hilarious one liners and infectious hooks. Me and the rest of the boys here at Broskington Post are huge fans of Flynt Flossy, Yung Humma, Slick Mahony, Whatchmacallit, Pretty Raheem, and Tummiscratch.

They Bout to do This Right!
I first heard of the group when a few of my buddies showed me Flynt Flossy's "Did I Mention I like to Dance". I was instantly hooked after watching Flynt bust out some of the funniest and best dance moves I have seen in years. Sure, guys like Usher and Chris Brown are known for their dance moves but never count out Flossy and his awesome purple jumpsuit. After getting my first taste I could not stop listening. Songs like "Smang it", "Grab My Belt", and "Cavities" will make you laugh and get stuck in your head for days. 

Instead of just checking them out on youtube, buy their album "Keep the Jeep Ridin" on Itunes, it is worth it. In fact, I have not found an rap/R&B that I have liked from front to back like this in awhile. The song that shines above the rest in my opinion is Young Humma and Flynt Flossy's "Fried or Fertilized". The song is so good that it will end up being a conversation piece with you and your friends. It might even make you ask your girlfriend just how she likes her eggs (although it might be a risky question to ask if she gets it misconstrued). They also recently released a song, "F*** Your Blog", with the Broskington favorite Childish Gambino. In the over-saturated world of rap they are doing the right things to separate themselves from the crowd.

I will follow this review up after I have seen the gang live at the Houston Free Press Summer Fest. I could not be more excited about the show and look forward to seeing the boys "Smang It" on stage two. Do yourself a favor and get your sense of humor ready for the Jeep. You will not be disappointed. Oh, and if you don't like it... you can "Shuyamouf".

This has been a Tummiscratch Blog.


Overall 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment