Broskington Post

Broskington Post

Friday, September 21, 2012

Force Unleashed 2: Bantha Poodoo



2 sabers..it's the sequel! Get it?! SO CLEVER.

Do you like Star Wars? Have you ever pondered how awesome it would be to wield the Force? Do you like video games?

WELL. Boy, do I have something for you!  It’s called Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.  It’s a short action game that lets you beat up Darth Vader and shit.  It’s pretty awesome, but not the best video game ever. 

Today, I want to talk about the sequel, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2: The Bantha Poodoo.  As the name describes it, it’s a piece of poop.  If I owned a garbage compactor with a living squid monster/alien in it, this game would belong there.  
Our hero. He's so cooool. For an emofaggot.

Everything about this game is a TRAP.  Oh my Lord Sidious!  Everything, literally, everything from the first game is pulled from its predecessor – you start the game with EVERY special force move.  That’s okay I guess (especially in the beginning of the game), but as you progress in the game you don’t unlock any new abilities.  It’s dabbled in the dark arts of weaksauce.  Every level kinda plays out the same, you get dropped off at a planet or station or somewhere Star Wars-y, and you progress linearly until you get to the final boss.  There’s no real skill, talent, or logic involved in this game.  You are playing this purely to get through it.  Unleashed 2 is the definition of a bad linear game. There’s not really any fun to be had here that you couldn’t experience in the first game.  I suppose what I’m trying to say is that I’m jaded; the original Force Unleashed had the right gameplay progression and had a decent enough Star Wars plot to keep me interested.  Everything about this game is stupid and cliché.  There’s some bit about clones, and rebellion.  I don’t know.  I played it, and I then drank a lot to try to forget about it.


Don’t buy this game.  Not even for five dollars!  Damn, you Steam!



 P.S.  I love Steam.  I really don't mean it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment