Broskington Post

Broskington Post

Monday, April 9, 2012

Nike/ Petrino/ The Masters



Nike


New technology and new specialized fabrics are all the rage with football jerseys these days it seems.  It also seems that ugly uniforms are all the rage as well, from the weird ass uniforms of Marlyland to the ever changing uniforms of the Oregon Ducks.  As you probably heard Nike is the new uniform provider for the NFL and they made their debut this week at a “fashion” show in New York this past week.  While they unveiled new technology, most of the uniforms look pretty much exactly the same with the big exception being Seattle who had their uniforms pretty much completely redone, but how really cares when you suck as bad as they do.  Nike is said to have changed all 32 of the league’s teams uniforms even if it was a minute change with the exception being Green Bay who requested for theirs to stay exactly the same and not even be updated to the new material used to make the jerseys, I think that’s mostly because their accustomed to old out dated things; hint, hint Bret Favre.  I think that all this “unveiling” proves is that if you can come up with five ugly uniforms for certain teams in college football and put the bulk of your intention in designing ugly jerseys for your CEO’s alma mater you can be successful and make people clamor for your poorly designed jerseys.  I think I have a slight hatred toward NIKE especially because I feel like they’ve phoned it in on the last 2 pro combat jerseys that they have done for LSU.  It’s like come on people we have cool colors and are close to New Orleans you could at least go with a Mardi Gras theme or tiger stripes on them or something, come on NIKE dig your head out of your ass you duck humpers and spend less time putting basketball courts up that hurt people’s eyes and spend more time in the design room.



Chick Hog

Big news out of Arkansas this weekend as Bobby Petrino was put on paid administrative leave following his motorcycle accident and his failure to report the accident all combining with the fact that he was with one of his recently hired female employees.  Details on what exactly happened are a little fuzzy but so far it looks like an A-bomb has dropped on Petrino’s head.  If I were him I would be so pissed at myself because not only did I get caught suspiciously with another women who I had just hired the week before when I was married, and on top of that I got hurt really badly, and then had to worry about being fired.   To be honest I find this story incredibly hilarious but that is mostly because I am not an Arkansas fan, but I also find this story refreshing because it shows that there is at least one non incestuous Arkansasian in that whole inbred state.  To be honest I am curious to see what happens because when you look at it he didn’t really do anything to illegal beside not report and accident and try to cover it up so the only reason that they could even fire him is because of making the university look bad, but to be honest how do you make a university in a state widely known as the dumb, inbred state look bad because lord knows it’s not known to be a super educated state. That’s like trying to make Louisiana’s public school system look bad, it’s just not that hard.   My advice to Arkansas fans is move on. No matter if you are a good coach, if you can’t stay out of the news your school is not going to want you around especially if the biggest thing you’ve done is win a Sugar Bowl because of NCAA violations committed by the other team.

The Masters

This past weekend the biggest event in the PGA tour was going on, with American Bubba Watson winning his first Masters.  Anything can happen at the Masters and most of the time it does.  This is basically an excuse for me to talk about some of my favorite golfers one of which is Miguel Angel Jimenez, I’m not making this decision based on skill or anything but simply because I like his trademark pony tail and his cigar look that started a viral phenomenon, when one of his fans dressed up as him last year.  Another one of my favorites is Tiger Woods, now I know he’s the most known athlete in the world but a lot of people stopped liking him when he got caught up in that sex scandal, but to be honest that made me like him more. Especially because now it is funny to make hole in one jokes (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).  There is one golfer and I don’t really know why but he just pisses me off and that person is Phil Mickelson.  Now I know that he is a popular guy with going through the arthritis he has and with his wife getting cancer or something like that but there is just something about him that I don’t like.  I think it has something to do with his face but a lot has something do to with his sponsors in all the PGA tournaments I’ve watched I have still never learned what Barclays and KPMG are.  You would think that a supposed top tier golfer would at least be able to get household names as sponsors.  With all this being said I think that the biggest reason I don’t like him is because he is left handed.  Left handed people gross me out, it’s like come on people why can’t you be like everyone else and just use your right hand.  Now back to golfers I can actually stand.  Another one of my favorites is Bubba Watson, not only because he can hit the ball a mile. And rock the shit out of a bucket hat, but because of his name.  I know it’s a bit hypocritical to insult left handed people and then like one, but BACK OFF.    I just think it’s kind of funny to see a golfer named Bubba, to me it almost seems ironic because when you hear Bubba you automatically think of some fat mulletted guy wearing overalls and a toothless smile not some guy with the top button buttoned on his polo carrying around a golf club, but I guess none of that really matters.  I could spend all day talking about golfers I like and don’t like, especially since there are so many of them, but I mostly just wanted to congratulate Bubba Watson on his win and throw a few insults at Phil Mickelson who fell apart in the last round of the tourney.  The only thing that would have been better is if I could have been at the Masters.  I would have followed him around all day just to point and laugh at him when he messed up and yell JACKASS at it him when he hit, like that Red Lobster obsessed guy in Happy Gilmore.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment